Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011, please be my friend

Okay, here you have them - my New Years Resolutions for 2011.


1) Spend more time studying, and do it at my actual desk (not sitting on the couch half-watching something on NetFlix).

2) Improve at waking up when my alarm goes off (not hitting Snooze a million times).

3) Experiment with my watercolors!



I could add so much - SO MUCH - to this list, but I'm going to keep it simple and focus on a few goals at a time. Then when I get better at these things I can add some more items to the list - weight loss is totally the elephant in the room that I'm still trying to ignore. He's going to bite me in the bum, that little elephant.


p.s. Am I the only one who feels weird every time they do the countdown and say 'happy new year!' and suddenly your old familiar year is gone? And you get this moment of "what the heck is this strange new year going to bring me? And how will I get used to writing 20_ _? And I miss my old year already, it was kind to me and we were friends and this new one could be a total jerk and what if it doesn't like me?"
Okay, maybe not exactly like that, but still. Every New years eve countdown, you can bet I'm having this moment of weird, uncomfortable feelings.

No comments: